Thanks, Ian,
So as long as only the orientation matrix is used from the call to RBFRO1, and
the
latter calculates the OM BEFORE changing the cell parameters, the results
should be OK?

I was a bit puzzled by some of the results (but with convolutoin of two cell's
crystal
symmetry and NCS in the AU, the results are pretty much at the limit of my
understanding,
even with Eleanor's nice classification list at the end).
I have a lot of old versions of CCP4 kicking around, so I'll go back in time
until
I find one that doesn't give the warning (supposing it can still read the new
MTZ)
and see if the results are the same, in which case I need help of another sort.
Or try the modification you suggested (I'm still using CCP4 6.2 built from
source)
ed

Ian Tickle wrote:
Edward

Looking at the code again more carefully (always a good idea!) I realise that I
jumped too quickly to the wrong
conclusion.  At worst the warning message you got is merely alarmist and
misleading!  All it's saying is that the unit
cells are different - not a surprise!  The cells used in the calculation are
correct.  What happens is that the cell for
the 1st crystal is stored in the COMMON block and that cell is used to
calculate the OM for the 1st MTZ file.  Then the
2nd crystal comes along and its cell is compared with the one that was stored,
triggering the warning message.  However
that's all it does; the cell for the 2nd crystal is the one that is used to
calculate the OM for the 2nd MTZ file.

The message can be eliminated in the way I suggested by inserted a CALL XYZINIT
before the call to RBFRO1 in almn.f .

Cheers

-- Ian

On 10 December 2012 21:47, Edward A. Berry <ber...@upstate.edu