if they are the same, there is in principle no problem.
(you can quickly check using "mtzdump")
but, just to make sure, I always use the exact same scaled and truncated
mtz-file for all refinements of any particular structure. Then there is no
doubt at all...and it is in fact easer, i.e. one less file-name to edit in the
GUI or script you use.

Mark J van Raaij
Laboratorio M-4
Dpto de Estructura de Macromoleculas