From: CCP4 bulletin board [CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK] on behalf of Alex Kavian
[alek6...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 9:47 PM
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: [ccp4bb] GeForce Graphics cards

Hi there,

I have an off-toptic question about Graphics card. My searches on pymolwiki and
ccp4bb archives resulted in the following conclusion: Coot and pymol are not
compatible with the new GeForce graphics cards. Hoewver, most of the posts I
found were from 2009 and 2010. Does anyone here have any experience with
GeForce 660 or 680 for stereo applications of Coot, Pymol or UCSF chimera? Will
quadro cards work equally smooth in the stereo mode of these programs? Do 3D
applications put too much pressure on the Graphics card which would justify
installing dual Graphics card? (not sure if is relevant, but just for the
record, we want to buy passive 3D monitor due to the budget restrictions).

Thanks,
Alex