Hi Alex,

Thanks for asking before buying. You've avoided a common mistake.

If you want to do 120 Hz stereoscopic 3D you must have a Quadro card.
GeForce cards, even the really expensive ones, are made for games (and
DirectX) not science. I've seen people pay upwards of $1000 for a
top-of-the-line GeForce card only to be disappointed to find out it won't
do in-window and full-screen OpenGL stereoscopic 3D like a $99 Quadro card
will.

If you're using passive 3D, like anaglyph or Zalman, then a GeForce card
should be capable. I've run both off a MacBook Pro before just fine.

Last, here's http://www.pymolwiki.org/index.php/Stereo_3D_Display_Optionsthe
discussion on the PyMOLWiki from our users.

Cheers,

-- Jason

--
Jason Vertrees, PhD
Director of Core Modeling Product Management

(e) jason.vertr...@schrodinger.com
(o) +1 (603) 374-7120