Hello Ed,

did you try creating a ccp4 tree from source and replacing the refmac
source? Maybe that ccp4 environment will help you compile refmac - at
least with refmac I had the least trouble compiling when I got the
ccp4 source.

Why are you trying to do this anyhow? Do Garib's binaries not work
under this Ubuntu installation?

Best,
Tim

On 02/27/2013 06:27 PM, Ed Pozharski wrote:
> I am trying to compile refmac from source on a machine running
> Ubuntu 12.04.  In a nutshell, after some troubleshooting I end up
> with executable that generates a segmentation fault.  Log-file
> states that

> file (Success) raised in ccp4_parser <<<<<<
>
> (hardly a success).  Potentially relevant details are that I had to
> compile libccp4 and libmmdb to get to this point.  If I don't
> configure the CCP4, I get this when trying to run refmac

> raised in ccp4fyp <<<<<< refmacgfortran:  Cannot open environ.def
> refmacgfortran:  Cannot open environ.def
>
> So perhaps it's some incompatibility between libccp4/libmmdb that I
> compiled and those that came with CCP4 installation (by the way,
> the new update feature rocks indeed).  But I tried lifting these
> libraries from CCP4 installation when compiling refmac and I get
> the same segmentation fault.
>
> Any suggestions for troubleshooting/advice on how to compile
> refmac from source are appreciated.
>
> Refmac version is 5.7.0032.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ed.