Dear all

I think this error has been dealt with (Ed will correct me if I am wrong). The
problem was -static in compilation. For whatever reason in some gcc (gfortran)
-static does not work (it compiles but has problems in running, what is the
reason is not clear to me). Sometimes in later gcc -static-libgcc
-static-libgfortran works but not always. These flags are needed for
distribution purposes. If you are compiling and using on the same computer then
you should not need it.

regards
Garib

On 4 Mar 2013, at 09:56, Adam Ralph wrote:

> Dear Ed,
>

>    The error does indeed happen in ccp4lib. One of the first routines called
> by CCP4
> progs is "ccp4fyp". This initialises the CCP4 environment. See
> lib/cctbx/cctbx_sources/ccp4io/lib/src/ccp4_general.c.
>

> If you look at the code you can see that $CINCL is determined at run-time.
> You are
> right that this environment var is not needed at compile time. Files like
> environ.def and
> default.def are read at this time. Perhaps there has been a corruption of one
> of these
> files or you are pointing to an earlier version of $CINCL. Does the error
> occur with
> refmac alone or with every CCP4 prog?
>

> Adam

Dr Garib N Murshudov
Group Leader, MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology
Hills Road
Cambridge
CB2 0QH UK
Email: ga...@mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk