Dear all,

By popular request here is an example of some code where gfortran gives run time errors. This is at the very beginning of the program, the first write statement where a parenthesis is seen as missing at run time: (the first hyphens are not within the Fortran code but there to indicate the number of spaces before each character, 6 and nothing more or less).

Also enclosed as "part.f" herewith (as an attachment)

[I must admit that, somehow, when modifying a Fortran program using vim on this new box, the number of characters at the beginning of Fortran cards seems to reset to 8 when there are 6 blanks to start with, I have no idea why this is so.]

Help most welcome, and I'd hate to have to retype every single program...

Ta,

Fred.

------

      ORDER='A'
      NATM=0
      DO 5,I=1,3
         NGRID(2,I)= 99999
         NGRID(3,I)=-99999
         XMIN(I)= 99999999.
         XMAX(I)=-99999999.
  5  CONTINUE
C       OPEN INPUT FILE
      WRITE (*,10)
   10 FORMAT(///,25X,'*****************************',
     .         /,25X,'*                           *',

--
Fred. Vellieux (B.Sc., Ph.D., hdr)
ouvrier de la recherche

      ORDER='A'