Dear users,

I wanted a small clarification, I was solving a ligand data
in H3 space group with a dimer as the asymmetric unit.

Initially, I had solved and refined this without using the
same Rfree reflections as that of native data. So I resolved
and refined the same data by considering the native Rfree
reflections. In both the cases after the final refinement,
the R and Rfree had reasonably good values.

The problem arose when I compared the maps of data -
(1) solved without same Rfree as that of native and
(2) solved with same Rfree as that of the native

They did not superpose at all. How is this possible? Although
it is originally the same data and in each case the map traced
the molecule very well, but when both maps are opened in coot
they do not superpose at all.

I would like to mention that the data has a pseudo translation
symmetry with 17% peak. Is this responsible for the results I am
getting?

I hope one day there will be a program in CCP4 called "EFFORTLESS"
which gives a structure from a given sequence!! :)

Thanking you
Regards
Kavya

believed to be clean.