Hi All,

A quick question if you've ever worked on membrane proteins, I'm trying to
optimize crystals for bacterial integral outer membrane protein I'm working on.
I'm getting some fairly modest rod like crystals in a  0.1M Tris pH 7.5, 30%
PEG 600, 0.03M MgCl2 condition. However I get lots and lots of birefringent gel
forming in the same condition, I get the feeling that this is Detergent/Protein
complex and is robbing my crystals of material to grow bigger.
These crystals diffract to 5 A so I'd quite like to make them bigger and better,

Cheers,

Rhys