Dear Tim,

I am sorry that you feel offended.  It is rather unfortunate that you
got an impression from my secondary comment that I am asking for help
with pdbvconv when I wasn't.  It is also rather unfortunate that I have
figured out what the problem was myself and therefore did not have an
opportunity to ask for and fully utilize your help and that of other
ccp4bb members.  In general, it is rather unfortunate that helping
others often feels and occasionally is a waste of time.  Hopefully this
unfortunate experience will not dissuade you from positively
contributing to the ccp4bb to the same extent to which it dissuades me
from ever again soliciting any advice through this venue.

Cheers,

Ed.

PS.  Naturally, at the time of the original post and the subsequent one
you responded to I did not yet know what was wrong with the specific pdb
file.  To have such knowledge and yet ask why pdbvconv fails (which I
did not ask) would be both stupid and evil.  Then again, I may be both
of these things.

--
Bullseye!  Excellent shot, Maurice.
                                  Julian, King of Lemurs.