Matt,

with this technique, how do you prevent crystal from drying up (other
than "doing it fast")?  I know Thorne's group does this trick under oil.
If you take no extra precautions, do you have an estimate of how often
diffraction is destroyed by this?

On the other hand, it's quite possible that what destroys resolution
when crystals dry up is increase in concentration of non-volatile mother
liquor components, which shouldn't be happening here to the same degree.

Cheers,

Ed.

--
After much deep and profound brain things inside my head,
I have decided to thank you for bringing peace to our home.