I put together a little jiffy for feasibility of MAD experiments here:
http://bl831.als.lbl.gov/xtalsize.html

It does not calculate the f" value for you, but in general f" is ~4 electrons for K edges and ~10 electrons for L edges. Crossec can give you more accurate values than this as long as you are "far away" from the absorption edge (10-100 eV), but if you are right on top of the "white line", then you have to measure f" anyway using an absorption scan. That said, it is very rare for the white line to be more than double the edge jump and Fe is not particularly spectacular for white lines, so I wouldn't expect much more than ~6 electrons from iron.

-James Holton
MAD Scientist