Hi Theresa,

I think you have to be very careful with NMR of homo-oligomers, even if
they’re small proteins: the NMR model/structure (backbone only) of a small
integral membrane kinase was a huge effort -
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19556511

but is very different from the recently published crystal structure -
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23676677

There’s some commentary here:
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v497/n7450/full/nature12245.html

I’m fairly biased but i don’t think that both states could exist – and
going from the NMR model to the crystal structure would require a huge
amount of energy – a morph between the two can be found here:
http://youtu.be/5vpEGSvVe04

Needless to say we couldn’t (try as we might!) get an MR solution using the
NMR model/structure....

Best wishes, val