Dear experts,

I am dealing at the moment with a case involving translated NCS copies of my asymmetric unit along one axis of the unit cell (3 clear non-origin peaks in the native Patterson).

I could get Mosflm to find the corresponding big unit cell only after restricting the "max deviation from integral hkl" parameter to 0.1 and thus get the majority of the spots under prediction boxes (although the cell parameters don't look very accurate sometimes).

I have 2 questions about it :

1) Do you know whether it would be possible to configure XDS the same way, to make it find this enlarged unit cell ? (no success so far...)

2) Are you aware of any experimental phasing program making use of the information provided by the Patterson for finding the substructure?

Many thanks in advance,

Nicolas