In 3U9C we observed even 6 arginines (residues A278, A280 and A306 plus symmetry mates of chain B) mediating a crystalline contact by pi/pi stacking. We called this motif an "arginine zipper"
(see Fig. 5 in dx.doi.org/10.1107/S0907444912016587).

Karsten Niefind

An example of pi-pi stacking of the guanidinium groups, can be seen on a
structure which I worked on; pdb-code: 2x2u. Look at the interactions
between Arg 77 and its symmetry mate, with Arg 144 (and symmetry copy)
flanking, giving rise to a stack of 4 Arginine guanidinium groups, with
a sulphate ion neutralising the environment.

Such pi-pi stacking is also commonly seen with Tyrosine and
Phenylalanine, with cation-pi interactions also common (e.g. Lys NZ to
the planar side of Phe). Resonance is not really a correct description
of these delocalised pi-orbitals; as there are no single and double
bonds, but all the bonds are an average of both types.

Additionally, remember that the Arginine(s) may not actually be charged,
as the local environment of ionic sidechains can move the pKa value(s) a
long way from the expected value for an isolated sidechain, with the pH
of the crystallisation condition also potentially affecting what is
charged.

Andrew Purkiss.