Dear all,

I've been lecturing in a structural bioinformatics course where graduate
students (always consisting of people without crystallography background to
that point) are expected to understand the basics on how x-ray structures
are obtained, so that they know what they are using in their bioinformatics
projects. Practices include letting them manually build a segment from an
excellent map and also using Coot to check problems in not so good
structures.

I wonder if there's a list of problematic structures somewhere that I could
use for that practice? Apart from a few ones I'm aware of because of (bad)
publicity, what I usually do is an advanced search on PDB for entries with
poor resolution and bound ligands, then checking then manually, hopefully
finding some examples of creative map interpretation. But it would be nice
to have specific examples for each thing that can go wrong in a PDB
construction.

Best regards,
Lucas