Dear Tobias,
Take a look at http://dx.doi.org/10.1107/S0108767389012912
The ribonuclease crystal I used to measure the speed of sound, using laser
generated ultrasound, was of volume 129 mm3 ie 7.7x6.2x2.7 mm . David Moss of
Birkbeck College provided it.
Best wishes,
John

Prof John R Helliwell DSc FInstP CPhys FRSC CChem F Soc Biol.
Chair School of Chemistry, University of Manchester, Athena Swan Team.
http://www.chemistry.manchester.ac.uk/aboutus/athena/index.html