From: CCP4 bulletin board [CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK] on behalf of Niu Tou
[niutou2...@gmail.com]
Sent: 14 November 2013 23:58
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] Weird MR result

Dear Phil,

I used PHASER to do the task. I have double checked and  both files have the
same prefix, so they are from the same output. I have also checked the headers
again, they have the same spacegroup. Actually I was trying to search for two
different molecules but only one was found. The spacegeoup is P2 and I am quite
sure it is not P21 from system absence.

One possibility is that the space group was wrong, since there is a 95% off
origin peak. There are several choices from data processing, P1, P2, C2 C222,
all have this large off origin peak. I wonder if this 95% peak can tell some
information?

It will not surprise me if this result is incorrect, however how could these
regular density be?

Best,
Niu

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 5:47 PM, Phil Jeffrey