Hmm - why should a translational peak not be along the 40 axis?

Anyway othercell shows this
Conversion of cell 40, 32, 101, 90, 101, 90

can give
 Laue groups

   C m m m   40.0 198.3  32.0  90.0  90.0  89.6    0.42  [h,h+2l,-k]
Possible spacegroups:
 <C 2 2 21>
 <C 2 2 2>

or

 C 1 2/m 1   40.0 198.3  32.0  90.0  90.0  89.6    0.42  [h,h+2l,-k]

or

 C 1 2/m 1  198.3  40.0  32.0  90.0  90.0  90.4    0.42  [-h-2l,h,-k]

or
 P 1 2/m 1
  40.0  32.0 101.3  90.0 101.8  90.0    0.84  [-h,-k,h+l]

That is so close to your input cell that twinning is a very likely option.
What does thedata processing suggest - look at pointless or Xtriage or something
Eleanor