Hi Wenhua

You didn't say what resolution your structure is: that's critical to
deciding how significant is the R-factor difference (or more strictly the
ratio).  There are other factors such as solvent content: generally
anything which affects the obs/param ratio (such as NCS restraints) will
also affect what value of Rfree you would expect to get given a value of
Rwork, assuming purely random errors and a structure refined to
convergence.  Note that this doesn't tell you directly whether there's
overfitting: that's more a matter of comparing results from different
parameterisations & weighting schemes.

The value of Rwork itself will affect the Rfree-Rwork difference: higher
values of Rwork tend to give higher Rfree-Rwork, other things being equal
(using the Rfree/Rwork ratio instead of the difference normalises the
difference and removes this dependence on Rwork).  For example for 3A
resolution or lower, a difference of 0.1 may not be indicative of a problem
(depending as I said on the value of Rwork).  At 1A it almost certainly
would indicate a problem since at that resolution you would normally expect
a ratio of say around 1.2 ( or a difference of around 0.02 for Rwork =
0.1).  At 3A or lower resolution you expect a ratio of say 1.4 or more so
you could easily get a difference of 0.1 for Rwork ~= 0.25.  For anything
in between these extremes we need a bit more info!

Cheers

-- Ian