Von: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK] Im Auftrag von Matthias
Zebisch
Gesendet: Dienstag, 10. Dezember 2013 14:21
An: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Betreff: Re: [ccp4bb] Fwd: undefined edensity blob at glutamine sidechain

check an anomalous map!
The obvious thing to do to rule out gold binding

Dr. Matthias Zebisch

Division of Structural Biology,

Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics,

University of Oxford,

Roosevelt Drive,

Oxford OX3 7BN, UK

Phone (+44) 1865 287549;

Fax (+44) 1865 287547

Email matth...@strubi.ox.ac.uk<mailto:matth...@strubi.ox.ac.uk>

Website http://www.strubi.ox.ac.uk

On 12/10/2013 12:44 PM, PriyankMaindola wrote:
​
dear members

i am trying to solve this crystal structure but
​I am puzzled with an​
 undefined  blob
​ that​

​appeared at a glutamine residue after refinement. I have attached pics of that
below.
Is it a covalent modification of acid-amide side chain..
​... as there is no charged environment around and density seems continuous.

​please suggest
​

following reagents were encountered by protein
​ during purification, crystallization and soaking​
:
phenyl methyl sulfonyl fluoride
benzamidine
tris