Hi -

At higher resolution like you have, it seems common to me to detect
alternate conformations for the larger solvent molecules, making it more
difficult to decide at first glance what occupies the density. After you
put in something, the new difference peaks should tell you if there is
another conformation, which, may not occupy the same overall space, that
may need to be added. There will be water shifts due to this too. These
cases are easier to spot if the protein also has alternate conformations
adjacent to the blob in question. Data near 1 angstrom can be a lot of work.

--
David Shin, Ph.D
Lawrence Berkeley National Labs