Dear Cedric,

Try the BCA protein assay.  We get reliable results with this, consistent with
amino acid analysis.  I should say that this is using the 2ml format.  We do
not get reliable results with the microplate method.  We use 5 μl samples and
our regular buffer is not too different from the one you are using.

Regards

MGM

Martin G Montgomery
ATP Synthase Group