Dear Dave,

Indeed, an interaction in the nM range is strong, but its dynamic is important. If the SPR sensorgram, if published, looks like a 'crenel', this indicates high association/dissociation rates. In that case, your complex can dissociate during the GF run. You can try crystallisation at 4°C in order to lower the dynamic of the interaction, this worked for me...
Good luck.

Philippe