Dont forget that with twinning in apparent point group PG6/mmm the
true SG may be P6i or P3i21
See the twinning notes: http://www.ccp4.ac.uk/dist/html/twinning.html

Detecting twinning can be problematic -

My rule of thumb, following the procedure od ctruncate::

0) Check the matthews coefficient for likely number of molecules.
Half a molecule must mean you are assigning too high a symmetry count.
Lots of molecules means you need to check for non-crystallographic
translation etc.

1) Look at the <I^2>/<I>^2 plot after correction for anisotropy
If it isnt reasonably  straight with resolution you probably have some
data problems, and these can make all the tests pretty useless.

2) Is there a NC translation - truncate tells you that.
If not, and the data is OK,  you are unlikely to have twinning if
<I^2>/<I>^2 for acentrics is ~ 2, and  the L test looks OK.
H test and Britten tests a bit more influenced by other NC symmetry
considerations

3) If there IS NC translation <I^2>/<I>^2 for acentrics will probably
be > 2  but the L test is still pretty reliable.

Good luck Eleanor

experimental phasing is tricky with perfect twinning but it has been
done. Sorry I have forgotten reference though..
Eleanor