Dear Laurent,

1) Refmac mentions gaps explicitly in the LINK records, the PDB does it in a
REMARK record (by comparing the atom records to the sequence of your
crystallised construct). If you just remove the gap-LINKs before deposition
(without adding TER records) it should work.

2) First of all you have to make sure you deposit your raw reflection file
(i.e. NOT the output from Refmac). Also anytime you run Refmac, you should
start from the same reflection file. If this is not the source of the
problem then you can look at other things.
What happens after the 0-th refinement cycle when you rerun your model
through Refmac? Do R and R-free go down to your previous values? This
sometimes happens and has something to do either with the solvent treatment
or with scaling. As long as you deposit the total B-factors after TLS (in
the form of ANISOU records) and have a proper description of any special
refinement settings (twinning, non-default solvent mask parameters) in the
header of the PDB file you deposit, you can ignore the problem.

HTH,
Robbie

http://www.cmbi.ru.nl/pdb_redo
http://xtal.nki.nl/PDB_REDO