Dear Theresa,

We recently collected a room temperature data set from one single crystal at
Petra III. The beam line was equipped with a Pilatus detector. Data were good
to 2.7 A. In contrast, at 100 K similar crystals diffracted very poorly. So, it
is perfectly possible to obtain useful room temperature data sets from
synchrotron sources. I have to admit that in our case it certainly helped that
the crystal belonged to a high-symmetry space and full completeness was
achieved after 40 degrees angular range.

Regards,

Joern

Sent from my iPad