Dear Colleagues,

Apologies for the off-topic question:

We are developing an approach for ‘Protein Repair’ to be utilized for the
enhancement of activity defective proteins. Ideal candidates for us are enzymes
that can be isolated for in-vitro activity assays, and for which single amino
acid substitution/s are known to reduce their activity to ~ 20-80% of the wt.
Typically, this would correspond to mutations causing a mild loss of
instability and/or allosteric interference, but NOT to active-site mutations
resulting in completely dead enzymes.

If you are aware of such examples, we would be extremely happy to hear about it.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Regards,

Hay

Hay Dvir                Ph. D.
Head            Technion Center for Structural Biology
Technion        Haifa 3200003, Israel
Tel:                    +(972)-77-887-1901
Fax:                    +(972)-77-887-1935
E-mail          hd...@technion.ac.il
Website         http://tcsb.technion.ac.il/Hay-Dvir