From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK] On Behalf Of Will
Stanley
Sent: Friday, February 14, 2014 12:18 PM
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] KD of dimerization, off topic

Hi Careina,

Since alternative methods are being suggested...

ITC can be good for quantitating a monomer-dimer equilibrium by diluting dimers
out from a concentrated solution (which obviously favours the dimer) - and
presuming a  reasonable Kon/Koff.

Alan Cooper has kindly figured out the data fitting for the rest of us:

http://www.chem.gla.ac.uk/staff/alanc/itcdil.pdf

I think Alan was using a VP-ITC when he was doing this stuff.  Lower volumes -
and presumably concentrations if the KD is small enough - are feasible in an
ITC200.  The protein is recoverable anyway.

All the best,
Will.