It is difficult!  Ni & Zn are rather interchangable..

You dont say what resolution you have:  There will be a small difference in
the number of electrons you expect to see at the metal site, depending on
whether it is Zn Zn2+ etc etc, and you can correct that to take account of
the f' as well.
So you would expect a slightly smaller peak for Ni than Zn but it will be
hard to give a definitive answer  unless you have high resolution data.

First Q - was there Zn or Ni or both around in the crystallisation mix?
Second Q: consider the coordination: This article discusses examples.

Journal of Inorganic Biochemistry
<http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/journal/01620134>

Volume 71, Issues 3–4
<http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/journal/01620134/71/3>, September