One can use the strings command to show the header:
strings myimage.cbf

Thierry

-----Original Message-----
From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK] On Behalf Of
herman.schreu...@sanofi.com
Sent: Monday, December 01, 2014 7:40 AM
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: [ccp4bb] AW: how to dump diffraction image header info?

Dear Takaaki,

The .cbf images I work with (SLS) have their header as plain text in front of
the image. With an editor like vi I can examine the contents. Also with the
more command you can have a look at it. What I find in the header though, is
Start_angle and Angle_increment; no end angle. The command typed in a terminal
window:

grep -a ngle imagename.cbf

will give you this information.

Best,