Location:                    Grenoble, France
Staff Category:          Postdoctoral Fellow
Contract Duration:    2 years
Reference Number:   GR_00072
*Closing Date:             4 January 2015*

*Job Description*
The European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) is one of the highest ranked scientific research organisations in the world. The Headquarters Laboratory is located in Heidelberg (Germany), with additional sites in Grenoble (France), Hamburg (Germany), Hinxton (UK) and Monterotondo (Italy).

EMBL is seeking to recruit a postdoctoral researcher to join the group of Marco Marcia at EMBL Grenoble. EMBL is a leading international research organization with a collaborative atmosphere. We are seeking to recruit an outstanding candidate with a strong interest in applying structural biology approaches to important biological problems. We focus on ribonucleoproteins formed by long non-coding RNAs and involved in transcription regulation.

*Qualifications and Experience*
The successful applicant should hold a Ph.D. and have a solid background in biochemical analysis of protein and/or RNA complexes. Experience in single particle cryo-electron microscopy and/or X-ray crystallography would be an advantage. The laboratory has excellent access to state-of-the-art equipment including the ESRF synchrotron and a Tecnai F20 Polara equipped with K2 direct electron detector. We welcome applications from candidates that are interested in working at the interface of cryoEM and X-ray crystallography. Motivation to work in a multidisciplinary and international environment is fundamental to this position.

*Application Instructions*
Please apply online through www.embl.org/jobs

*Additional Information*
EMBL is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer offering attractive conditions and benefits appropriate to an international research organisation. Please note that appointments on fixed term contracts can be renewed, depending on circumstances at the time of the review.

Dr. Marco MARCIA
Group Leader
EMBL Grenoble
71 Avenue des Martyrs, room 254