Hi Bernhard,

You're right, it's a Babinet-style correction to the SigmaA curve for the
effect of neglecting bulk solvent in the model.  We gave a formula in equation
19 of the main Phaser reference (McCoy et al., 2007), but actually we've
changed the form of this since then.  It looks like the equation wasn't given
in the documentation, so I've just updated that:

http://www.phaser.cimr.cam.ac.uk/index.php/Keywords#SOLPARAMETERS

Best wishes,

Randy Read

On 3 Feb 2015, at 13:49, Bernhard Rupp (Hofkristallrat a.D.)
<hofkristall...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Fellows,
>
> I cannot find the proper reference for the implementation of bulk solvent
> corrections in the
> Phaser Molecular replacement likelihood functions. For the unplaced model, it
> can only
> be a Babinet model to improve the scaling, and I believe that is implemented
> via a
> Babinet rescaled function for sigma A including the coordinate error.
>
> Can anybody help me where to find that?
> Thx, BR

------
Randy J. Read
Department of Haematology, University of Cambridge
Cambridge Institute for Medical Research      Tel: + 44 1223 336500
Wellcome Trust/MRC Building                   Fax: + 44 1223 336827
Hills Road                                    E-mail: rj...@cam.ac.uk
Cambridge CB2 0XY, U.K.                       www-structmed.cimr.cam.ac.uk