On 4 Feb 2015, at Wed4 Feb 06:20, Frank von Delft wrote:

It would be nice though if imosflm did the killing for you - it happens to me a large fraction of the time on windows. (I imagine windows doesn't make mosflm's life easy, mind you.)

phx

On 04/02/2015 05:11, Keller, Jacob wrote:
No--but thanks to you I just found it hanging in the process manager and killed it, which seems to have done the trick. Guess I should have thought of that sooner...

Thanks for the help,

Jacob

-----Original Message-----
From: Edward A. Berry [mailto:ber...@upstate.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2015 11:51 PM
To: Keller, Jacob; CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] Mosflm Error Msg

Is the old mosflm.lp open in an editor?
Some editors will put a lock on the file which would prevent mosflm from overwriting or renaming it.

On 02/03/2015 11:38 PM, Keller, Jacob wrote:
Dear Crystallographers,

Has anyone come across this message before with imosflm in Win7? I think restarting cures it, but I've got other jobs going...

JPK

Jacob Pearson Keller, PhD
Looger Lab/HHMI Janelia Research Campus
19700 Helix Dr, Ashburn, VA 20147
email: kell...@janelia.hhmi.org

Harry
--
Dr Harry Powell, MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Francis Crick Avenue, Cambridge Biomedical Campus, Cambridge, CB2 0QH

Chairman of International Union of Crystallography Commission on Crystallographic Computing Chairman of European Crystallographic Association SIG9 (Crystallographic Computing)