Dear all,

I am trying to express my protein in minimal medium M9 (trace elements +
biotin and thiamine, according to Doublie protocol) but, after O.N.
incubation there wasn't growing.I tried to change vitamins concentration
and in the end just had good results when I put 0,1% yeast extract.

So, for this I would like some help... there is in yeast extract large
quantities of methionine? Because, if yes it can put down my essay with
semet.

P.S

   1.  I put the bacterials first in L.B, then in solid minimal medium M9
   where they growed normally and when i inoculate in the same minimal medium
   M9 composition but liquid form, there wasn't growing.
   2. My e.coli strain is roseta (de3)

Thanks in advance

Best Regards,

Giulliana