Dear Jorge,

    A virtual machine simulates a physical machine based on the host OS. Almost
all the hardware resources is simulated by the virtual machine,
BIOS,CPU,RAM.... Of course, all these instruction will finally be carried out
by the really hardware.

Your action on the guest OS will first be decoded by the virtual machine(
actually it's just a programme!), then the host OS...finally to the hardware.
This is one reason why program in guest OS usually runs slower than that in
host OS.

In general, your hardware drivers will have complete support to your OS, like
Windows. But in your case, the graphics card driver cannot fully support the
linux. That's why you slower machine in the linux.

Best regards!
Lu zuokun

--
卢作焜