Hi Randy,

You could use a LyX-->LaTeXiT-->MS Word workflow to solve the equation editing
issue without anyone learning LaTeX syntax.

The LyX document with equations can be exported to a LaTeX  *.tex file, and you
can open this tex file  in any text editor to copy the equations encoded in
LaTeX syntax for pasting into the LaTeXiT gui.  Alternatively, you can select
and copy the equation in the LyX document and paste it directly into the
LaTeXiT gui to get back the LaTeX encoding.

LyX gui is very easy to start using productively without reading the manual.
However, I do not know of a way to directly use ENDNOTE with LyX. I use LyX to
assemble my early drafts, and then I move the draft into MS Word when I need to
start adding citations. In MS Word 2011 on a Mac, it is painful to scroll
through a large document (>10 pages) with tables and figures, whereas a 1000
page document in LyX can be scrolled through in a flash. LyX has been used to
assemble books.

Best regards,

Blaine

Blaine Mooers, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Director of the Laboratory of Biomolecular Structure and Function
S.L. Young Biomedical Research Center Rm. 466

Shipping address:
975 NE 10th Street, BRC 466
Oklahoma City, OK 73104-5419

Letter address:
P.O. Box 26901, BRC 466
Oklahoma City, OK 73190

office: (405) 271-8300   lab: (405) 271-8313  fax:  (405) 271-3910
e-mail:  blaine-moo...@ouhsc.edu

Faculty webpage:
http://www.oumedicine.com/department-of-biochemistry-and-molecular-biology/faculty/blaine-mooers-ph-d-

Small Angle Scattering webpage: