I'm afraid Gerard an Ian between them have left me a bit confused with conflicting statements:

On 04/06/2015 15:29, Gerard Bricogne wrote:
<snip>
In order to guard the detection of putative bound fragments against the evils
of model bias, it is very important to ensure that the refinement of each
complex against data collected on it does not treat as free any reflections
that were part of the working set in the refinement of the apo structure.
<snip>