I agree that it would certainly be bad if your model was inconsistent
with the Wilson B.  When I first ran into people who were worried about
this I recommended that they calculate the Wilson B of their model, not
look at the average B as a proxy.  You can calculate structure factors
from your model and feed those into a Wilson B calculator and get the
proper value.

   When you do this you find pretty quickly that a refinement program
has to be screwed up pretty badly for it to create a model with even a
small difference between the observed and calculated Wilson B.  If your
model is off only a little the R value shoots up!  Other than when
debugging refinement code, I have never seen a refined model where there
was any significant difference between the calculated and observed
Wilson B.  This problem simply doesn't come up.

   Try it for yourself and see.

   When you see a difference between the Wilson B and the average of the
B's in your model, all you are seeing is that you have a variety of B
factors and that is not a surprise.  I would be worried if all my B
factors were equal!

   High B factors are not a problem to be fixed!  Some atoms do move
more than others.  Why would you expect otherwise?

Dale Tronrud