Hi

On this point, I have (for many years) built my Windows executables on a Mac
with a cross-compiler; it is possible to install MinGW on a Windows box and
have gcc, g++, gfortran available. If you want X windows & the compilers, you
could install Cygwin. However, I'd prefer to use a proper Unix-style
environment...

> On 14 Oct 2016, at 17:31, Patrick Loll <pat.l...@drexel.edu> wrote:
>
> How about the ability to compile code? Are there decent compilers readily
> available for Windows? I like being able to write & compile the occasional
> fortran program {hic sunt dinosaurs}, and it’s easy to do this on a
> unix-based platform like OSX.

Harry
--
Dr Harry Powell
Chairman of International Union of Crystallography Commission on