Hi Phil,

the error message occurs because your glibc is too old for this binary. The
glibc cannot easily be updated,  it is tied to the distribution, in your case
RHEL6. A newer kernel does not change this, nor would an update to RHEL 6.8
This is why distributed Linux software should be built on dated distributions.

Best,

Kay