Dear Kay,

Thank you for your answer!
I have meanwhile processed my anomalous data also also as P1 and solved the
structure with MR-SAD in P1, which works flawlessly and gives the same
solution. Compared to P21, I now have 4 instead of 2 molecules in the ASU,
which makes sense. I then tried refinement in P1 with or without applying a
twin law in phenix.refine. The result seems very clear. Without twin law,
R/Rfree after one round of rigid body refinement drop to 34/38. With twin
refinement, the same refinement results in R/Rfree of 29/42. My current
suspicion is therefore that my data are truly P1, with an NCS axis parallel to
a crystallographic axis (suggested by Xtriage). Could this pseudosymmetry lead
XDS to falsely identify my data as P2 instead of P1?

Best wishes,
Hauke

Hauke Hillen
Department of Molecular Biology
Prof. Dr. Patrick Cramer
Max-Planck-Institute for Biophysical Chemistry
Am Fassberg 11
D-37077 Göttingen
Germany

E-Mail: hauke.hil...@mpibpc.mpg.de<mailto:hauke.hil...@mpibpc.mpg.de>
Phone: +49-551-201-2864

On Oct 28, 2016, at 3:51 PM, Kay Diederichs