Von: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK] Im Auftrag von Schulz,
Eike-Christian
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 30. November 2016 08:20
An: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Betreff: [ccp4bb] structure determination from a hollow crystal

Dear all,

Is there a documented case of a structure determination from a hollow crystal?
We have the unfortunate situation that a protein only crystallizes as a hollow
tube, where the inside is filled with solvent, which ruins the diffraction
patterns.

I was often confronted with similar situations, but in the previous cases I
could always find a suitable crystal (part) or a different crystallization
condition saved me.

If anybody had general advise on how to proceed or could point me to relevant
literature it would be much appreciated.

With best regards

Eike