Hi Veronica,

Yes, it is okay to exclude few residues or even short stretches of
loops/helices/strands if there is no reliable/convincing electron density for
them even at low map contours because if there is no convincing density you
cannot reliably model the local structure.

However, if you refine with tight NCS, which you probably should do at this
resolution unless there are significant differences in the 4 molecules, you can
also choose to keep residues for which there is no reliable density in one of
the molecules, provided those residues are well resolved in the other molecules
and refine well (density, B-factors). Also use TLS refinement.

Irrespective of which of the 2 options you choose, make sure to add a remark in
the PDB header about the option chosen, so that others know what was done and
if you write it up in a manuscript, describe it there as well.

Best,
Debanu Das.