Hi Xiao,

I can confirm you need to buy an active adapter if you want to convert the
display port on the graphics card to DVI. The one that they supply with the
graphics card is passive and won't work. I was in the same boat about a year
ago. I bought a USB powered active adapter which allowed 120htz. My monitor
only had DVI input so I didn't try a direct display port connection. I can't
comment on why that didn't work.

Cheers
Christine

Sent from my iPhone