Hi Robbie,

I had long wondered how to flag the fields in game minesweeper with a
deterministic algorithm. When I read about 'random sort and bin' I though this
was quite a beautiful way. I wonder if there is any reason behind not doing it
this way in freerflag.

Assigning the flags randomly this way in a manual manner (CAD?) probably
requires some tedious scripting, doesn't it?

Best,
Tim

On Monday, January 30, 2017 9:45:40 PM CET Robbie Joosten wrote:
> Hi Tim,
>

> I was discussing that with a student today, because we observe the same
> thing when we make test sets for k-fold cross validation. It is an
> implementation choice. You can random sort and then bin, or you can assign
> a random number to each reflection and translate that to a bin. The latter
> is fine for large bins, but not for small ones like the ones you are
> making.
>

> Cheers,
>
> Robbie
>

> Sent from my Windows 10 phone