Tricky - perhaps this could be viewed as "anti-averaging" methodologically.

Use USF programs MAMA, IMP to generate a mask and optimize the NCS operator (or skip this step if you feel you know yours accurately)

Use CCP4's MAPROT to rotate the map of one monomer onto the other

Conceivably use USF program COMDEM to create the "difference map" assuming it will tolerate a weighting of -1. Or perhaps MAPROT will take a negative scale. Or MAPMASK, or.... there's a range of map manipulation programs that can scale an input map, but I've never tried to invert one. Unless you actually wanted Fourier coefficients it shouldn't be impossible to create a masked volume of the difference between two maps after rotating one of them.

Phil Jeffrey
Princeton