Hi All,

With Bernhard's help, I fixed this issue of render tool in Coot in Win7. I
summarize what I did here:

1.* - add C:\yourccp4installationdirectory\bin to PATH in the coot startup
script (runwincoot.bat in C:\yourwincootinstallationdirectory) *

 I use Notepad to open the .bat file and do edit:
set PATH=%COOT_PREFIX%\bin;%COOT_PREFIX%\libexec;%COOT_PREFIX%\
python27;%PATH%;*C:\CCP4-7\7.**0\bin*). My CCP4 installation folder is
C:\CCP4-7\7.0\bin. To locate files, I just simply use Win7 search file from
the start menu.

*2. - edit the raster3d.py file
(C:\yourwincootinstallationdrirectory\python27\lib\site-packages\coot\)
from (line 44 or so):r3d_exe = find_exe("render", "PATH")tor3d_exe =
find_exe("render", "CCP4_BIN", "PATH")*

After I did this, Coot can find Raster3D PATH, but I still have an error of
"Some errors in Raster3D"  in terminal windows and fail to render.

*3. Download:*

*https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bernhardcl/coot/master/python/raster3d.py
<https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bernhardcl/coot/master/python/raster3d.py>and
replace the same file (maybe make a backup first) in
C:\yourwincootinstallationdrirectory\python27\lib\site-packages\coot\*

*4. Done. Works!*

Thanks Bernhard!

On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 11:58 AM, Xiao Lei <xiaolei...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello B.,
>
> Works.Thank you very much!
>
> On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 8:14 AM, B.Lohkamp <b.lohk...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Hello,
>>
>> I see. Sorry. Now I remember this and I fixed this elsewhere too. Please
>> try the following. Download:
>>
>> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bernhardcl/coot/master/pyt
>> hon/raster3d.py
>>
>> and replace the same file (maybe make a backup first) in
>> C:\yourwincootinstallationdrirectory\python27\lib\site-packages\coot\
>>
>> This should work.
>>
>> Bernhard
>>
>> Hi B. ,
>>>
>>> I followed your suggestions and now Wincoot can find render.exe, but it
>>> has a warning message of "this copy of render was not built with tiff
>>> support BL Warning: some error in rester3D" .
>>>
>>> I attach the picture here. I'd appreciate if you have any idea of how to
>>> fix it.
>>>
>>> Thanks a lot.
>>>
>>> Inline image 1
>>>
>>> On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 12:54 AM, B.Lohkamp <b.lohk...@gmail.com
>>> <mailto:b.lohk...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>>

>>>     remove the % around the ccp4 path and you are set.

>>>         Hi Bernhard,
>>>
>>>         Thank you for your help. I attach my runwincoot.bat below. My
>>>         render.exe
>>>         path is "C:\CCP4-7\7.0\bin". What should I do to add to the
>>> PATH? I
>>>         could not understand the grammar well, should I add as :
>>>         set
>>>         PATH=%COOT_PREFIX%\bin;%COOT_PREFIX%\libexec;%COOT_PREFIX%\p
>>> ython27;%PATH%;%C:\CCP4-7\7.0\bin%
>>>           ?
>>>         ------------------------------------------------------------
>>> ------------------
>>>         @set LANG=en
>>>         title WinCoot
>>>

>>>         set COOT_PREFIX=C:\WinCoot
>>>         set COOT_GUILE_PREFIX=C:/WinCoot
>>>
>>>         set COOT_HOME=%COOT_PREFIX%
>>>         set COOT_BACKUP_DIR=%COOT_PREFIX%\coot-backup
>>>
>>>         set COOT_SHARE=%COOT_PREFIX%\share
>>>         if not exist "%CLIBD_MON%" (
>>>           echo no $CLIBD_MON found setting COOT_REFMAC_LIB_DIR
>>>           set COOT_REFMAC_LIB_DIR=%COOT_SHARE%\coot\lib
>>>         )
>>>         set COOT_SCHEME_DIR=%COOT_SHARE%/coot/scheme
>>>         set COOT_STANDARD_RESIDUES=%COOT_SHARE%\coot\standard-residues.p
>>> db
>>>         set COOT_PIXMAPS_DIR=%COOT_SHARE%\coot\pixmaps
>>>         set COOT_RESOURCES_FILE=%COOT_SHARE%\coot\cootrc
>>>         set COOT_DATA_DIR=%COOT_SHARE%\coot
>>>         set COOT_REF_STRUCTS=%COOT_SHARE%\coot\reference-structures
>>>         set COOT_PYTHON_DIR=%COOT_PREFIX%\python27\lib\site-packages\coo
>>>         set COOT_REF_SEC_STRUCTS=%COOT_SHARE%\coot\ss-reference-structur
>>> es
>>>
>>>         set PYTHONHOME=%COOT_PREFIX%\python27
>>>
>>>         set
>>>         GUILE_LOAD_PATH=%COOT_GUILE_PREFIX%/share/guile/1.8;%COOT_GU
>>> ILE_PREFIX%/share/guile;%COOT_GUILE_PREFIX%/share/guile/gtk-
>>> 2.0;%COOT_GUILE_PREFIX%/share/guile/gui;%COOT_GUILE_PREFIX%/