Greetings all,

I am having trouble with a data set and would like to know if somebody can
help. I'm working with a protein of approximately 50 kDa, which I have
successfully crystallized. The crystals diffracted at a resolution of 3,65
angstroms and upon initial processing using XDS i obtained the following
information:

space group: P21
ISA = 33.3
cell unit: a=285.2, b=135.9, c= 287.5, α=90, β=117.5, γ=90

Matthews coefficient indicates that there are 40 molecules in the
asymmetric unit

I am currently running the program Phaser (Phenix) to determine the phase
via molecular replacement with a model that has 49% homology and query
coverage of 94% and the program is taking extremly long to finish. In this
case in which there is an extremly high number of molecules in the
asymmetric unit, is this actually possible? Does someone know how to work
with these values and is there a specific strategy which i must follow?

Regards

*Jademilson Celestino dos Santos*

*Laboratory of Applied Structural Biology*

*Department of MicrobiologyInstitute of Biomedical SciencesUniversity of
São Paulo- USP*