Hi,

1>
Well, it seems you are just comparing Max value across all protocols. You
should compare average values as it also takes into account no. of atoms
with given values of B factor. As per refinement results, it seems though
no. 6 has highest B factor value, number of atomic outliers are relatively
low. So if you ask me no. 6 is the best one.
Coot results are also in congruent with refinement results. I think you
should go ahead with no.6 strategy.

2>
When comparing B factor values of 417 vs 76, you should consider what it
belongs to. As i may guess, 417 value belongs to an atom of residue whereas
76 belongs to residue. Meaning 417 is individual B factor whereas 76 is
grouped B factor.

--
Vipul Panchal
Senior Research Fellow,